82/B, Pokar Mansion,
Chembur (East) Mumbai - 400 071
Copyrigt : Ayyusanjivani Chikitsa Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai, 2011
Follow us on
- What is Ayurved?
- Ayurved, originated in India, is an ancient healing system. “Ayu” means Life and “Veda” means knowledge. Ayurved originated as part of ‘Vedic Science’. The fundamentals of Ayurved can be found in all the Vedic scriptures viz. Rugveda, Atharvaveda, Yajurved and Samaved. This is an integral spiritual science devised to give a comprehensive understanding of the entire universe and universal laws.
- How does it differ from Allopathy?
- Ayurved is a complete and independent science by itself. It has its own concepts of human anatomy, physiology, pathology and treatment. Ayurvedic philosophy encompasses the living and the non-living. Ayurved, traditionally involves a holistic treatment of the human keeping its cosmic nature in mind. As ayurved has its own views about a diseases process, which is different from that proposed by modern medicine (allopathy), the treatment of a particular ailment is unique by itself. Allopathic medicine typically treats all individuals with the same disease exactly the same way. Allopathic physicians often prescribe a medication to alleviate physical symptoms. Ayurved looks at the root cause of the disease/illness and removes it from the body – specific to the patient. This will help prevent recurrent health problems and make the body strong enough to fight off disease.
- Can Ayurved treat chronic diseases like asthma, arthritis, skin diseases etc?
- Ayurved can provide better solution for chronic diseases like asthma, arthritis, skin diseases than many conventional allopathic treatments available today.. Correct use of Ayurvedic medicine can provide symptomatic as well as long-term benefits in diseases. When used correctly, Ayurvedic medicine does not produce any negative side effects and are very safe for long-term use. In fact, with many diseases, allopathic medicines have to be used by increasing dosage with many undesirable side effects. For example, some arthritic drugs on the market today contain cancer-causing ingredients. These drugs may reduce pain and inflammation, however they do not get to the root cause of the disease and often cause other illness and disease down the road.
- Can serious diseases like Coronary Artery Disease (CAD), Cerebral Vascular Disease (CVD), Malignancies etc. treated by Ayurvedic Medicines?
- Ayurved offer’s effective management of major diseases like coronary artery disease, cerebral vascular disease, malignancies, etc. However, in advance cases, the surgical management with the help of modern technology may be necessary. At “Ayurlife”, we propose to treat CAD with ayurvedic medicines, preceded and followed by angiography, to endorse the effectiveness of ayurvedic treatment. You will be able to see the success rate of your treatment using current technology complemented with Ayurved science.
- What is Panchakarma?
- To maintain health and alleviate diseases, Ayurved advocates “Panchakarma” as a powerful purification process to eliminate mental, physical and emotional toxins. Panchakarma literally means “pancha” meaning five and “karma” meaning actions or therapies. It is a five-fold purification therapy aimed at correcting the imbalance of bodily humors viz. vata, pitta and kapha, and removing toxins in order to maintain their balance and health.
- Can Ayurvedic therapy bring about rejuvenation, delay ageing or maintain youthfulness?
- The aim of Ayurved is to maintain or preserve health in healthy person and to cure the diseased. To achieve these goals, different means, methods and regimen have been described. The first objective of Ayurved, i.e. 'swasthasya swasthya rakshanam' (maintain or preserve health), is achieved by promoting strength and immunity by the means of 'vrishya chikitsa' (aphrodisiac treatment) and 'rasayana chikitsa' (rejuvenation treatment). It also includes enhancement of life, intelligence and strength along with the capability to alleviate diseases. Rasayana tantra (rejuvenation methods) is one of the eight branches of Ayurved. This branch deals with vaya sthapan (age stabilizers), ayushkara (life promoters), medha kara (intellect promoters), bala kara (strength promoters), and also roga hara (disease curative) therapies. The overall effect of rasayana is on the basic functional unit of the human body. It improves nutritional status and the qualities of seven dhatu (body tissues), which lead to a series of relative attributes of rasayana such as longevity, immunity against diseases, improve mental and intellectual ability, etc. by direct enrichment of the nutritional quality of rasa dhatu. Rasa dhatu is the most important body tissue which nurishes the remaining tissues. The human body can fight off many diseases if the bodily tissues are healthy. Ayurlife & Ayurved subscribe to elimination of disease and making the body strong, not just covering up physical symptoms
- Is it safe to use Ayurvedic therapies in newborn babies, very small children and aged people?
- Under the guidance and supervision of a qualified Ayurvedic physician, it is safe to use Ayurvedic therapies in newborn babies, very small children and aged people.
- Is good and effective Ayurvedic treatment very expensive?
- Ayurvedic treatments for common medical problems are not very expensive. However, like conventional medicine, specialized treatments required for certain ailments like Coronary Artery Disease, Malignancy, Rejuvenation, Aphrodisiacs etc.may be associated with more time and cost commitment
- Do I have to continue Ayurvedic treatment for a very long time?
- Not necessarily. The duration of treatment, like modern medicine, depends on various factors like type of disease, duration of disease, age of the patient, type of medicines used, nutritional habits of patient, etc.
- How do I know that the doctor treating me has a proper medical qualification?
- Now in India, there are many colleges that are recognized by the Universities, which are offering graduate and postgraduate courses in ayurved. After qualifying from these colleges, B.A.M.S (Bachlor of Ayurvedic Medicines & Surgery) is awarded. The Universities also offer postgraduate degree courses, M.D (Ayurved), in various disciplines. At Ayurlife, we have both Bachelor and Post Doctorate practitioners
- How does Ayurvedic massage differs from the massage given at beauty parlors, spa’s or massage parlors?
- Ayurvedic massage using medicated oils (abhyanga) is a therapeutic procedure. This procedure is used independently or as a pre treatment to other panchakarma procedures. In abhyanga, whole body is massaged with specific medicated oils determined by the individual needs of the patient. It nourishes and revitalizes the body tissues (Dhatu) and allows the toxins to be removed from the cells. Abhyanga has much deeper and far-reaching effects than an ordinary massage, which is typically given for relaxation purposes. Ayurlife provides therapeutic massage specific to your illness or health goals.